Friday, December 22, 2006

Learning Hanyu


The emergence of China as both a global economic powerhouse and a regional political powerhouse has intrigued me since I took up an interest in International Relations.

While pursuing my postgraduate degree at Warwick University, I wrote all my research articles and thesis on China's foreign relations and its capitalist development.

Back here, my interest grew and I enrolled myself in a hanyu character recognition course conducted by the Global Hanyu centre in Kuala Lumpur.

My classmates have similar interest in China as well. Stella is an internal auditor, Grace used to work in British Council and Chor Teck was a producer (of Spinning Gasing fame) but now running his family business. The lady in the middle, Voon Kuan, is our course instructor.

On my study, I will have a lot of catch up to do. It is fun learning hanyu, this I can assure you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Kay Peng,

What a surprise!
Nice blog you have here. I like your writings, especially on the economy and the social issues. Keep up the good work!

Best regards,
wenglee

P/s: I think I know your instructor.