The new rates are reported in Malaysiakini's breaking story.
- Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong (LDP) saw its toll rate rise from RM1 to RM1.60.
- Kesas highway, the rate increased from RM1.50 to RM2.20.
- The Cheras-Kajang-Batu 9 toll increased from 70 sen to RM1 while the Cheras-Kajang Batu 11 toll went up to 90 sen from 60 sen.
- The Kuala Lumpur-Karak-Gombak toll is now at RM5, an increase of RM1.
- The Kuala Lumpur-KG-Bentong toll increased by 50 sen to RM3.
- The Guthrie Corridor Expressway toll rate went up from RM1 to RM1.40.
The Malaysian government is being criticised for not doing enough to improve the state of public transport system in the country's major cities. As a result, most Malaysians have to use their own private vehicles to travel daily to work. The increase in toll rates will trigger another round of inflation especially in Klang Valley.