I was reflecting on the post-GE political situation in Penang. There are some observations and advice to all:
1) Do not attempt to corrupt. The ruling party will abet the people to take it. The people will take it, enjoy your free food and curse you for doing so. They shout corruption, you shout charity.
2) Penang people are the best actors in the world. They will shake your hands during these free dinners, smile and give encouraging words but go online to really give you a piece of their mind.
3) BN should really stop insulting the people of Penang with BR1M. They had voted overwhelming against you because you gave them RM500 a year. The people will take your money, claimed that you had insulted them and the ruling party will take credit for it. So, BN should learn the lesson and stop all BR1M to Penang next year.
4) People went out to vote because it is the GE. This is something they need to do but they do not think you should really contest as a candidate from the Corrupted, Racist and Dirty coalition. They can already get a two party system from the three parties in the ruling coalition. They can do their own check-and-balance. Sometimes, they can contest against one another too. BN non-UMNO candidates should really CLOSE down all their service centres in Penang
5) BN candidates should learn a new reality as an opposition. There is no need to serve for 5 years and try get elected. With the current political situation, even if you spend 50 years of community work, you will still be called a prostitute and a lap dog during the campaign. Even your neighbour will vote against you. So, if Penang needs an opposition 2 weeks can kautim them already.
6) If you are smart, you should start to copy right these slogans: Tetap UBAH!, Sekali Lagi Lah! Kita Kena Rompak 2013! Tiap Tiap Kali Lah! UBAH 2.0! and as many variations you can think of. It will make you a small fortune!
7) The results? You should go straight to the majority. Duh! Which non-UMNO candidates stand a chance? Even a crooked undersea tunnel will be seen as an icon of Penang. Penang Tetap Boleh!